Have you ever been to San Antonio before, or is this your first visit? If you've been there before, the city more than likely captivated you, and you may return many times. If you have never been to this amazing city, prepare to fall in love. Think of the word awed, as that's how you're probably going to feel when you get to know the Alamo City. You may be trying to decide where to stay. If so, from staying at a historic downtown hotel to staying in a bed and breakfast in the hill country, here are some ideas that might help you.
Downtown Hotels -
Are you going to be in San Antonio for only a short while? If so, you might want to stay in a downtown hotel where you can be close to places like the Alamo, the Mexican Market, the famous Riverwalk and La Villita.
- There are popular hotel chains in the downtown area.
- Consider staying in a historic hotel where you might even meet a ghost or two.
- Another consideration is to stay in a small, privately owned hotel.
Hotels Outside Of The City -
Part of the charm of visiting San Antonio is also getting to travel to places like Boerne, Wimberly, Gruene, New Braunfels and Fredericksburg. If you have time, consider staying in at least one of these quaint towns to get a taste of what it's like to live in the beautiful Hill Country. Or, stay in a hotel that is in one of the San Antonio suburbs.
- If you like to golf, look for a resort that has a state-of-the-art golf course on the property.
- Consider staying at a bed and breakfast in one of the small towns.
- There are also major hotel names in cities like New Braunfels and Fredericksburg.
Whether you stay in the downtown area of San Antonio or whether you stay in the suburbs or in the hill country, the management of your accommodations will be happy to give you tips on things like where to go for wonderful eating. In addition, the concierge or the manager of the property where you stay will be able to give you directions to out-of-the-way places like the Guadalupe River or to some of the lovely shopping malls in the area. Don't forget to take comfortable shoes, as you'll probably be doing a lot of walking. And, take a sweater or a jacket for cool days and evenings.